Over the last few decades, lasers have become increasingly common in a variety of cosmetic treatments. Laser treatment can help fight against skin damage and the natural aging process. The benefits are endless as they can help address a variety of skin issues. Below you will find the top cosmetic uses of lasers in treatment.
Top Cosmetic Uses of Lasers in Treatment
Laser skin resurfacing is a skincare procedure that utilizes lasers to improve the texture and overall appearance of your skin. There are ablative and non-ablative laser treatments. Ablative lasers remove the top layer of your skin which helps new skin shine through. However, ablative lasers operate by warming up the underlying skin tissue so your body produces new collagen. Both are effective in treating an array of skin issues.
Ablative lasers use either Erbium or carbon dioxide due to their respective differences. Erbium ablative lasers address fine lines, wrinkles, and other superficial skin concerns. On the other hand, carbon dioxide helps get rid of deep wrinkles, scars, and warts. They both operate similarly in the sense that they remove the outside layers of your skin to reveal new, fresh skin. Another type of laser is non-ablative lasers. These lasers do not remove the outer layer of your skin and include technologies such as pulsed light and fractional lasers. These can be used to treat issues such as rosacea, acne and acne-related issues, and spider veins.
Benefits of Laser Treatment
Consider the following benefits of laser treatment, and how it can help you rejuvenate your skin.
- Non-Invasive: Unlike other cosmetic procedures, laser treatment is non-invasive. No scarring, lengthy recovery times, or the need to go under anesthesia. Laser resurfacing in Seattle can provide a variety of benefits without the risk that come with more invasive surgery.
- Short Recovery Time: Your recovery time depends on the type of treatment you receive. Healing can take between ten days to two weeks. The difference between recovery from laser treatment as compared to other cosmetic procedures is that you do not need to stay at home as you heal.
- Minimal Side Effects: There are very few side effects as compared to other cosmetic procedures. You may notice some mild side effects, such as redness, bumps, and swelling. However, those symptoms should subside within a few days as you heal.
- Precise Treatment: Laser treatment is highly precise as compared to traditional surgical treatments. This helps reduce the treatment time, recovery time, and reduces the risk of tissue damage.
- Effective Results: Laser treatment has been proven to be highly effective in improving the appearance of scars (trauma or acne-related), smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, and improving the overall texture of your skin. The treatment can even out your skin tone and address the signs of aging, sun damage, and discoloration. This is because the lasers are effective in stimulating new collagen production which helps thicken your skin.
Cosmetic Surgery in Silverdale
Laser treatment can address a variety of issues and provide effective results. The treatment itself is smooth and non-invasive. We perform laser resurfacing under moderate IV sedation. The treatment utilizes lasers that emit specialized light that passes through your skin at varying depths (depending on your unique needs). We repeat the process over the targeted areas and it can take between 30 minutes to two hours. The treatment time depends on the size of the area treated.
You will likely need a series of treatment sessions to achieve your desired results. If you are interested in laser skin resurfacing or other cosmetic treatments, contact Cole Aesthetic Center. They offer a variety of cosmetic treatments and cosmetic surgery in Silverdale. They are focused on helping you achieve your desired physical aesthetic. Contact their office today for a consultation!