For some people, facial wrinkles can cause self-consciousness. Wrinkles and smile lines can grow deeper as you age, and some men and women want to retain their youthful appearance. Fortunately, today there are several great options available for those looking to hold onto a youthful look without invasive procedures such as face lifts.
Facial fillers and injectables are minimally-invasive treatments designed to reduce and eliminate wrinkles from the face. They require little recovery time, so you can have these procedures done with minimal interruption to your daily life. Cole Aesthetic Center has all of these options available to you:
Here are a few of your facial filler and injectable options:
– Botox: The most recognizable brand name of injectable, Botox Cosmetic is a non-surgical treatment that temporarily softens frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead creases. Botox is injected into the facial muscles surrounding the wrinkles and keeps them from moving, so that they cannot contract and wrinkle. The treatment takes about ten minutes and is done through a series of tiny injections, and no anesthetic is required. You’ll see the results within days after your treatment, and the appearance of the area may continue to improve for up to a month.
– Juvederm: Juvederm is a volumizer that can be injected into your skin to instantly smooth wrinkles, especially around the mouth and nose. Juvederm is made from hyaluronic acid (HA), a substance that occurs naturally in your skin. As you age, sunlight and other factors reduce the amount of HA in the skin causing unwanted wrinkles and folds – like those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth. Juvederm is a safe an effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost. It can last for up to one year before you need further treatments.
– Restylane: Another form of hyaluronic acid (HA) replacement, Restylane is a great choice for adding volume and fullness to moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds around the nose and corners of the mouth. It smooths these wrinkles and restores a youthful appearance.
– Perlane: While it performs the same function as Restylane and is also made from HA, Perlane is specifically designed and formulated to attack wrinkles that need a deeper injection. The size of the particles in Perlane are much bigger, and the injection is deeper. These improvements can last up to six months.
– Radiesse: Finally, Radiesse is good for sculpting and plumping up areas like the chin and cheeks. It is a gel made up of calcium and phosphate ions – both naturally occurring in our bodies. This organic compound is made to bind with the connective tissue of the face, so the gel is permanently implanted in the face. This means that the results can last over two years. However, some touch-ups may be required.
As you can see, there are a number of different options available for someone looking to reduce wrinkles in his or her face.
Click here to set up a consultation with Dr. Cole to determine which injectable is the best option for your needs, so that you can effectively retain your youthful appearance.