Enhancing your natural beauty is easier today than ever before, thanks to a wealth of injectable treatments now available. One of those treatments, Restylane, offers a wealth of options to give you the smooth, youthful results you are looking for. Check out these ways the Restylane line of products can help you look like a younger, more beautiful version of yourself.
About Hyaluronic Acid
Your body produces hyaluronic acid that contributes to the smooth, supple appearance of your skin. This substance is abundant during our younger years but begins to diminish steadily as early as our 20s. The depletion of hyaluronic acid, which can be attributed to environmental factors, sun exposure, and the aging process, results in the appearance of facial wrinkles over time.
Restylane dermal fillers contain synthetic hyaluronic acid that is very similar to what is naturally found in the body. Hyaluronic acid molecules also have the ability to attract and retain more than 1,000 times their weight in water. The injected hyaluronic acid of the Restylane products works like sponges, attracting and swelling up with water to smooth and fill creases and lines. Over time the hyaluronic acid is naturally absorbed and metabolized by the body.
By restoring this substance into the underlying dermal layers, we can effectively roll back the clock on the appearance, adding volume and smoothing out lines and creases on various areas of the face.
The Restylane Family
There are different formulations within the Restylane line, which allow us to tailor procedures to the specific concerns of our patients. These products include:
- Restylane – the original Restylane formulation continues to be a top choice for nasolabial folds (lines extending from the nose to the corners of the mouth) and lip enhancement
- Restylane Silk – this smooth formulation is designed specifically for augmenting the lips and reducing the appearance of fine vertical lines above the upper lip, known as lipstick lines
- Restylane Lyft – a formulation with larger particles that can be used to add fullness and definition to the cheekbones, as well as address deeper nasolabial folds
- Restylane Refyne – this innovative formulation is designed with XpresHAn Technology, which allows for natural facial expressions while reducing the appearance of lines around the nose and mouth
- Restylane Defyne – provides a similar formulation to Refyne but works on even deeper facial creases. Both Refyne and Defyne have received a 1- year indication from the FDA.
Dr. Cole and his staff will listen to your concerns and cosmetic goals carefully before your treatment to ensure you receive the best Restylane product for you.
Time takes its toll on our appearance, particularly in the face where sun exposure and other environmental factors can run amok. In addition to the depletion of hyaluronic acid, our skin also loses collagen and elastin over the years, which leads to skin laxity and additional wrinkle formation. Most of the wrinkles that are caused by a lack of these essential substances are located in the mid and lower face.
Restylane injections work in the deeper dermal layers to provide the support the skin needs to look and feel more youthful. This treatment is more effective than surface procedures that rejuvenate the skin but don’t produce as much change in the dermal structure. Restylane works in that underlying tissue to plump and smooth from the inside out.
Now is the Time!
Restylane is a quick office procedure that produces fast results. In most cases, you will see the full results of your injections within the first week after your treatment. Those results will likely last many months, depending on the specific location, the severity of your aging signs and how your body responds to the hyaluronic acid in the mix. Treatments will need to be repeated at regular intervals in order to maintain your positive results.
If you are ready to make the most of your natural beauty by restoring youthful vitality to your complexion, Restylane may be the right choice for you. To learn more, contact Cole Aesthetic Center today at 360.613.2600.